Saturday, June 6, 2009

This and That...











Good Evening!
I hope this evening finds you all happy and well. I am a little bit sad tonight. I just found out that my cousin passed away yesterday. He was a year older than me and had been close when we were kids. He has been pretty tortured by his demons as an adult and his off and on addiction to drugs finally took him. So sad. I hope he finds the peace he deserves now.
Okay, enough sad stuff. No disrespect, but I just can't dwell there for too long. Yesterday and today I have been on a cardmaking craze! They are all pretty simple, you know me! But they are cute nonetheless! One card is a graduation card for the friend whose daughter graduated last weekend. I took her announcement and photocopied the mascot and then colored it with Copic Markers. I am still learning how to use them, but I think it turned out pretty good. There is one baby girl card that I made for a friend of my mom's. She has a lot of friends who are expecting grandchildren so she asked me to make her a bunch. I will be showing them over the next few posts. There is one Mother's Day card in the bunch too. It is the one from my sweet little Michele. My son's girlfriend has decided that she likes to make cards too! She does extremely well! I have hardly shown her anything and she just gets in here and goes to town!
Enjoy the cards and I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who left comments about my little cupcake card! You are all so sweet! Thanks! Have a great weekend!
Susan

No comments: