Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feelin' a Spring in My Step!


Helloooo out there! This beautiful weather out here has me in a great mood! I am inspired to create things with bright colors and vibrancy! I just created this little canvas collage last night. I was inspired by a similar piece a friend created and I decided it was time for me to put some of those dabbers to good use! I actually used some regular acrylic paints as well. I used a paper towel to distribute the ink in a ragging sort of technique. I stamped the little girl on polka dot paper and cut her out and attached her to the canvas as well as some butterflies and the "authentic" stamp. I bought this little girl stamp a year or more ago because she reminded me of pictures of my mom and my aunt when the were little girls. Isn't she cute? In my mind she is exuding little-girlness and sweetness, hence the flowers, circles and butterflies! I may have to make her into a card for one my classes too! She is currently for sale on Etsy if you have fallen in love with her as I have!


I have just added some other new items that are perfect for Easter and spring. Go and check them out! I am always open to custom orders as well if you don't see what you like or want. I am trying to get my classes ready for the next session, so my free time is being spent creating for them these days. I am going to be teaching an inchie class (yay!), a mini card class, macho card class, and a summer-themed card class. All cards this time, but I think there might be a few surprises in the mighty mini class! I am looking forward to sharing all these things with my students! This last round of classes was so much fun! I really try to teach as many techniques as I can fit into a class so that my students are getting the most for their time and money. I just love the variations on my design that people make! I feel like I am doing my job if I have inspired you to try something new, or do something different, or just make something in general! My work here is done! Well, not really, but it makes me so proud of my students!


Well, I am heading off to bed. Days are long and hard lately. Wishing you all the best!


Susan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Q,
I love the little girl canvas collage its adorable. I enjoyed looking at all your new items.
You work fast I just look recently you have added so many new things since I looked last. Glad you enjoyed your Birthday.
ily Mom