Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hello Bloggers!

I know I have not been good at posting lately and I apologize! Late winter/early spring is just not the best time of year for me! I get so spooled up about taxes and the chore of doing them with 3 businesses that I become kind of a hermit! It is also the birthday extravaganza in my family - which means 90% of my family members have a birthday in January, February, March, or April! I get a little overwhelmed, okay!
The post from yesterday with the Hero Arts Blog link was me attempting to do computer-y stuff. My friend Richele Christensen, a very talented artist, teacher, and designer was a guest on the Hero Blog today! Yay, Richele! When I grow up I want to be just like her! Check out the link and see what she has done. One day soon she will be a name every stamper/paper artist will know! You just wait and see! You go, Girl!

I just wanted to say thanks to my students from my Take 5 class last Tuesday night! You guys, rock! I was having a creative block trying to design for my next round of classes and your feedback and generous spirits and wonderful compliments really gave me the boost I needed to finish up my classes! Thanks so much for your feedback!


I have to share a couple of cute cards I made in the last few days. The first one is for a friend that is fighting the fight of her life against cancer. She is a wonderful artist and mentor , not to mention just a really interesting and intriguing person. She was a little down yesterday and I wanted to let her know I was thinking of her. I used the Hero Arts clear design Printed Flowers set and stamped on patterned paper and cream cardstock with matching ink colors. The paper is a set from K&Co.


The second card is one I made tonight for my friend's daughter. She is turning one tomorrow! I was there when she was born and she has become a special little someone in my life! Her whole nursery is decorated in pink and brown with polka dots so that's where I started with this card and it grew from there! I have never seen this child in anything but pink!


Just one quick Hankie story and then I'm off to bed. Okay, so I have been working hard trying to get my classes ready for the next session, right? I know I have posted about it a million times. Anyway - I had a brand new baggie of art flowers sitting out and Hank was having a moment, and he came in and took a mouthful of flowers and ran off! Of course he took the two colors I had just picked out to embellish a card with! Needless to say, they were quite ruined when I recovered them from the back of his throat! Hankie, Hankie, Hankie! So here is a pic of my flower eating pup!
He looks so innocent, but don't fall for it! He loves paper! And like every other 2-year-old I know, he puts everything in his mouth! Unless my craft cave is really clean, he is not allowed in! Sorry, Buddy!
Okay, I'm off to bed. Sooo tired!
Goodnight!
Susan

No comments: