Tuesday, November 3, 2009







Good Evening!

I have a couple of pictures tonight of a tag I made recently layering Christmas related stamps. I especially like the way his eyes and glasses turned out! Here's a quick description of what I did. I first stamped the Santa image (Santa Collage, Rubber Stampede) on a manila shipping tag in brown ink. I then layered Christmas themed stamps all around him being careful not to stamp on his face. I used some classic colors like red and green, and I added blue, gold, and black here and there for variety. When the inks dried thoroughly I colored the face of the Santa with a a couple of shades of peach and flesh toned colored pencils. I colored his eyes light blue. Ok, here is one of my favorite parts! I took a white pencil and shaded over the lenses of the glasses ever so slightly so that they appear to have a little glare. I then used a gold gel pen to color in the frames. When dry I used the clear glaze pen on the lenses to add a bit of clear sheen to them. I then used Waterfall Stickles - the tiniest amount - to add a sparkle in Santa's eye. I also added Frosted Lace Stickles to his beard and snowflakes. I love the way he turned out! I encourage you to try some of these techniques at home! It made a flat image come to life!

Football note:
My boys are 8-0! They are just steamrolling the competition! We play Del Oro this week and they will be tough, but we will be tougher! Go Thunder!

Hoping to see some of you at the Shoppe this week!

Susan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Q,
Glad to see your back with new designs. I love reading your blog.
Mom