Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CPS sketch 116




Hi Everyone!




Okay, so I lectured you all on making and giving cards last time, right? So, I figured I had better follow my own advice and do the same!
The picture on the bottom is my take on the sketch on the top from Card Positioning Systems. I used Bazzill cardstock, Magenta patterned paper, a Penny Back stamp (flowers) and two Hero Arts stamps (message and the flourish at the top of the page), a Magenta stamp (ivy border),Hero Arts crystals, and Distress Stickles from Ranger in Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint. I used my Copic markers to color the flowers in.
There are some really cool websites and blogs that offer challenges that you can enter your cards in. I have added some of the links to the right as well. Hero Arts usually has a theme that they work with each week. This week is recycling something and using it on your card. www.heroarts.com/blogs/club Card Positioning Systems has a sketch to inspire you every week. http://www.cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/ Caardvarks has a new challenge every 2 weeks and their new challenge starts today! I haven't been over there to check it out yet, but can you guess where I am going next? http://www.caardvarks.blogspot.com/ Kristina Werner has a color challenge and I believe it is weekly, but don't quote me on that one. http://www.kwernerdesign.com/ There are tons of others out there! If you keep clicking on interesting links you will find lots of fun and talented people.
A quick note about classes. I have spaces available in my Macho Cards class Thursday 5/21, and Mighty Minis on Tuesday 5/26 if you are local and interested in joining. They are both evening classes. I'd love to see you there! Call Sandy to reserve your spot. The Stamp Art Shoppe - (916) 773-4378
Thanks for the recent comments on my blog! I love to get them! If you would like to be on my email list for classes please leave your email address and I will add you to my list. I promise not to abuse it or sell it to anyone.
Have fun searching and creating today!
Susan






1 comment:

Create It Simply said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)