Friday, May 29, 2009

CPS117 and a few other things....




Good Morning Bloggers!




Here is my card for the sketch from Card Positioning System this week. (CPS117)




Here is what I used:




  • Basic Grey's Granola paper pack


  • Inkadinkado's Circle and Dot clear stamp set


  • Faded Jeans Distress Ink from Ranger


  • Adirondack Jet Black archival ink from Ranger


  • Technique Tuesday's Small Talk stamp set


  • Star embellishment from Darice (? Not positive about that one!)




I was not all that pleased with it and I wanted to start over and make another one, but time would not allow it this week. I have not even had time to do the sketch from 2 sketches 4 you this week! So here it is! I wished I had chosen a different flourish, it did not show up well. I wanted to take some more time and add embellishment and such, but no time.



Why so busy you ask? Well, let's see... I guess we can start with the 4 part-time jobs and 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1 husband (TG) etc... but you all have that to deal with I am sure. This week we had a little health scare with my youngest son, Nick. He seems to be okay, but there are a few things we still need to investigate. So a little worried about him. My oldest Jake, is finishing his ROP program for automotive technology. They have a big awards ceremony for the kids tomorrow. Jake also started a new job and that has been really physically demanding because he is working 10 hours a day between ROP and his new job. You know teenagers, when they are stressed everything flies out the window, so we have been trying to be supportive and yet still get him to PICK YOUR CLOTHES OFF THE FLOOR! Oooops, sorry did I scream that? My bad. A little stressed and trying to work on that patience thing. Hmmm... lets see what else? Oh! I had 2 classes in the last week and had to "kit" for them and teach them. Both were evening classes which is always more stressful for me, because I know my family is home waiting for me to get home. Busy week at the salon this week, too. Not complaining, just more to do. Etsy has been soooo busy this week too. Again, not complaining, just a lot to do. Dave's dad is coming down today from Oregon for the weekend, my girlfriends have a weekend away in Reno planned, there is a graduation party for another friend, and the list goes on, but I can't even remember all of them! So I have had to scale back a bit and limit what I am doing so that I can get the important things in. I wish I could do it all, but I just can't. I think that is as stressful as trying to do it all! I worry about disappointing people. I am lucky to have friends that understand and love me no matter what. Thanks, Girls!



I wanted to have more pictures to post, but I just have not had time to create this week. I probably will next week. My friends and I are working on the Cards 4 Soldiers 25 + 2 challenge. I already have more than 30 to send, so I am working on trying to get to 50! I will share as soon as I have something finished!

No comments: